Amber Ramsey is a Director in the Cayman office. She has extensive experience serving as an independent director on the boards of a variety of hedge funds and related structures. Amber leads a team of professionals at DMS, supervising the fund governance of hedge funds and providing guidance on accounting, regulatory, legal and financial issues.
She also serves as a Business Unit Leader of the DMS Governance group in the Cayman office and the global head of marketing strategy for the firm.
Prior to joining DMS, she gained extensive experience in the alternative investment industry, working with Deloitte in the Cayman Islands and Houston, Texas offices. As an Assurance Manager in the alternative investments group of the Cayman Islands office, Amber managed the execution of all areas of hedge fund and banking audits and worked with investment managers, administrators and directors on all matters related to alternative investments.
- Representing fund-of-fund structures pursuing a multi-manager strategy and investing primarily in portfolio funds managed by emerging managers, sponsored by one of the largest, independent fund of funds firms in the United States, with assets under management of US$5 billion.
- Representing one of the largest and best performing funds in Asia investing in public-traded equity securities and private equity primarily in Greater China, sponsored by a US$26 billion investment manager.
- Representing master-feeder fund structure employing long/short equity, event-driven and credit/high yield strategies and investing in public equity and fixed income markets, and sponsored by investment manager with AUM of $1.87 billion.
- Representing various hedge fund structures investing in securities in global emerging/frontier markets, sponsored by asset manager with AUM of US$1.56 billion.
- Representing master-feeder hedge fund structure investing primarily in publicly traded equity and debt securities of United States and foreign issuers.
- Representing hedge funds investing in consumer, TMT, industrials and healthcare sectors.
- Representing a hedge fund structure employing a systematic strategy that operates both long and short on the currency exchange markets.
- Representing multi-manager hedge funds investing in all strategies via a seed model with operational and portfolio risk oversight.
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
- Fund of Funds
- Emerging Markets
- Distressed Investment Funds
- Commodity Pools
- Deloitte & Touche (Cayman Islands), Audit Manager/Audit Senior Accountant, 2007-2010
- Deloitte & Touche (Houston, Texas), Audit Senior Assistant, 2005-2006
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Adjunct Professor in Accounting, 2003-2004
- Member of Cayman Islands Directors Association CIDA
- Member of Cayman Islands Institute of Professional Accountants
- Member of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, Philanthropy Committee
- Hedge Funds Care Cayman, Philanthropy Committee
- Member of Cayman Finance Marketing Working Group
- Accredited Director with the Chartered Secretaries of Canada
- Certified Public Accountant, 2006
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Masters degree in Professional Accounting, 2004
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, 1999-2004
Lectures on a variety of business topics at the local college in the Cayman Islands and at some of the jurisdiction’s professional services firms.
A published author, her work has appeared in publications such as Reuters HedgeWorld.