DMS delivers a suite of regulatory compliance services tailored to the needs of investment managers, registered investment companies, hedge funds/alternative investment products, money managers and exchange-traded funds/vehicles. We establish long-standing relationships with global service providers in the investment management industry, ensuring that our shared clients receive consistent, high-quality services. Our approach to promoting compliance excellence is achieved through the diverse experience and knowledge of our trusted and dedicated compliance professionals coupled with the strategic oversight of senior management.
Form PF Assistance
Form PF Filing Requirements
Investment advisers to private funds with at least $150 million in private fund assets under management (private fund advisers) must periodically file a new reporting form (Form PF) with the SEC to provide the regulator detailed information about their geographic, market, credit and liquidity risk exposures.
Private fund advisers must complete and file Form PF if they:
- are registered or required to register with the SEC as an investment adviser,
- manage one or more private funds, and
- you and your related persons, collectively, had at least $150 million in private fund assets under management as of the last day of your most recently completed fiscal year.
Form PF Burden
Form PF reporting and recordkeeping requirements have the potential to place a significant additional burden on the compliance and regulatory reporting aspects of a private fund adviser’s business. As advisers have now witnessed, Form PF requires significant data collection across funds, managed accounts and portfolio companies such as:
- assets under management
- use of leverage
- counterparty credit risk exposure and trading
- investment positions or performance for each fund
The compliance experts at DMS are prepared to educate and assist you with your Form PF filing.