Lori Griffith is an Executive Director in the Cayman office. Her practice includes a broad range of sophisticated private investment funds. Lori has extensive experience in a wide variety of fund-related transaction matters, including fair valuation, service provider agreements, compliance, regulatory and governance.
Lori has been involved in assisting numerous U.S. and European-based open-end and closed- end funds across various investment strategies, including fund-of-one arrangements for prominent U.S. and international investors.
Lori also has significant experience guiding stakeholders through various extraordinary events including complex litigation, financial restructuring and dispute resolution matters.
- Serving master-feeder hedge fund structures investing in Japanese traded equities and index futures.
- Serving funds with relative value arbitrage strategies.
- Serving fund-of-fund structures investing primarily in credit and/or capital arbitrage.
- Serving funds investing primarily in secured loans, collateralized debt instruments and other short-term high yield debt instruments collateralized by real estate.
- Serving as Trustee to Asian Unit Trusts.
- Advising major private funds in the design and maintenance of compliance programs.
- Assisting in cross-border investigations involving the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission examinations of multibillion dollar structures.
- Organizing and registering investment companies in various jurisdictions around the world.
- Advising internal international offices on client service and adherence to jurisdictional regulations.
- Equity funds
- Convertible Arbitrage
- Fund of Funds
- Private Equity
- Distressed investment funds
- Charitable and STAR trusts
- Unit Trusts
- Rawlinson & Hunter, Cayman Islands, 2004-2008
- Department of Education, Cayman, 1985-2004
- Department of Education, Canada, 1978-1983
- Member of Cayman Islands Director Association CIDA
- Member of STEP Cayman Islands
- STEP Diploma, 2007
- University of Saskatchewan, Bachelor of Education with major in Mathematics, 1974-1978