Alaina Danley is a Director in the Cayman office. Her practice includes a broad range of hedge funds, private equity funds and related structures, with varying investment strategies.
Alaina also has extensive experience in middle and back office operations and financial reporting gained from working at Bain Capital, one of the world’s leading private investment firms, in the position of Director of Operations and Finance for Bain Capital Public Equity (formerly Brookside Capital).
Previously, Alaina was an Assurance Manager with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) in the Investment Management practice of their Boston office, where she was responsible for the execution of audits for various private investment funds and gained extensive experience working with investment managers and fund service providers.
- Serving funds employing a long/short equity strategy to invest in global securities, sponsored by a U.S. based independent asset manager with $3.5 billion assets under management.
- Serving closed-ended private investment fund structures sponsored by an independent investment adviser focusing on the commercial real estate debt sector in Europe.
- Serving global fixed income hedge funds sponsored by a focused, boutique investment rm supported by one of the world’s largest money managers.
- Serving a master-feeder fund structure focusing on liquidity events around block trades sponsored by a global alternative asset management rm with assets under management of US$1.8 billion.
- Serving private investment funds which utilize a variety of hedged, spread, and directional strategies to invest in mortgage backed securities.
- Serving an investment management company focused on emerging markets, investing in emerging market credit and macro opportunities including direct lending.
- Serving hedge fund structures employing relative value, credit opportunity, event driven or special situations based investments.
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
- Bain Capital Public Equity (formerly Brookside Capital), Director, Finance & Operations, 2009-2012
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, Manager, Assurance Services, 2003-2009
- Registered Director with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
- Member of the Cayman Islands Directors Association
- Member of 100 Women in Hedge Funds
- Certified Public Accountant (Massachusetts)
- Master of Science in Accounting (MSA), Boston College, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Economics, College of the Holy Cross, 2003
- “Updates on Fund Terms, Structures and Tax.” Panelist at Dorsey Private Funds Symposium, New York, September 28, 2016.
- “Times of Uncertainty…Whether to Hold or Fold (Assessing the risks of continued management)” Panelist at Krys Global Cayman Conference, Grand Cayman, May 14, 2015.
- “Women in Hedge Funds” Panelist at Thompson Hine annual conference, New York, October 15, 2014.
- “FATCA Update” Presenter for The New York Hedge Fund Roundtable Regulatory Call, New York, September 18, 2014.
- “A Practitioner’s Guide to U.S. Regulatory & Criminal Cross-Border Enforcement” Panelist at IWIRC sponsored presentation, Grand Cayman, April 3, 2014.